Programs and Events at GAMA
GAMA provides a variety of resources, events, study groups, and trainings to meet your career needs. The following is a sampling of our offerings, but browse the options at left to learn more!
GAMA’s annual Leadership & Management (LAMP) Conference is the financial services industry’s premier annual meeting. More than 2,000 field leaders and industry executives representing more than 50 insurance companies from around the world gather to —
- Hear dynamic speakers, such as Ken Dychtwald and George H.W. Bush
- Attending Leading Practices sessions featuring industry peers presenting on topics such as recruiting, marketing, culture and diversity
- Salute industry leaders at the Celebration of Excellence recognition banquet
- Survey the state of the art in industry resources with vendors and GAMA Resource Partners
- Network with peers from around the world at receptions and luncheons
- Reconnect with fellow field leaders at company-sponsored events.
Leading From the Front
Leading From the Front gives frontline leaders with one to three years of experience the skills to transition to a higher level of leadership. This seven-part program focuses on strategic execution, alignment, and leadership. Leading From the Front was created to fill a gap identified by members’ feedback where no training existed to generate future general agents in a specialized environment. The program provides 12-month goal setting, action planning, performance tracking, and coaching through strategic partnerships.
Field Leadership Series
Field Leadership Series workshops are based on the GAMA Foundation Systems for Success research of best practices in the industry. You’ll learn how top-performing field leaders are applying the best practices identified in the research, have an opportunity to assess your own processes and create an action plan for immediate results.
The Essentials of Leadership & Management Program compresses the demands of the field leader’s job into five essential elements:
- Leadership, vision and values
- Recruiting, selection and retention
- Training, supervision and accountability
- Personal development and goals
- The business plan
Best Practices Teleconferences
These one-hour, interactive programs give field leaders proven, practical strategies for firm and agency development.
GAMA offers two webinar series to help you accelerate your business performance. Management Blueprints webinars focus on the basics: increasing productivity, profitability and retention. The Executive Insights webinars provide insights into leading-edge thinking about business strategy in an ever-changing world.